*Please remember to go ahead and get in your holiday orders!
YES, I did just mention wrapping Christmas presents and we are not even in December yet! This is my first year of marriage and we are beginning the "rotation" for holidays this year. We will be visiting my husband's family for Thanksgiving next week and swapping Christmas presents then as well...so I have been busy in the wrapping room!...I have literally turned one of my guest bedrooms into my wrapping room.
I attended a wrapping class at Davonshire (a fabulous home and garden store in my neighborhood), and it was so much fun. I learned so much about how to make the wrapping personal to the recipient, and how to make it beautiful with little additions such as an ornament or trinket on the outside. We always spend so much time looking for the perfect gift for our friends and family and then hurriedly wrap it in cheap paper or a quick gift bag from Target. I learned that that reflects badly on who you are giving the gift to...why not spend just a few extra minutes and dollars to get the pretty ribbon and an extra ornament (that the recipient can keep also) to make a special presentation?!
They compared wrapping a gift to getting dressed in the morning or decorating a room. If you start out with a plain base, black pants or a solid colored sofa, then you can put some extra punch in your top and jewelry or pillows and drapes - use extra colors and sparkle.
*Other tips I learned:
-always use double sided tape so you cannot see any tape on the gift
-have a pair of scissors that you ONLY use for ribbon. When you use scissors on paper, wire, etc and then use it on ribbon it frays and tears the precious material.
It was truly a wonderful experience and I learned so much. You are talking to the world's worst wrapper, so I am pretty excited about the results!! I hope this can inspire you as you get started on your Christmas wrapping in the next few weeks =)
How do you think I did so far??
1 comment:
i do love a beautifully wrapped gift! unfortunately the bulk of mine usually end up a mess because i wait so late to get to it (usually late Christmas Eve when there is so much other preparation as well). I always have the best intentions of getting started earlier but this year shows no signs of improvement :(
-a
Post a Comment